Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
Passenger Information for Foreign National Repatriation
You are to travel to Auckland or Christchurch International Airport in accordance with NZ Government COVID-19 guidelines. For the purposes of repatriation of foreign nationals, travel to the airport meets the threshold of an essential journey.
You may use the following modes of transport to travel directly to the international airport:
- Self-drive (including a rental car)
- Private vehicle driven by a friend or family member within your current bubble
- Taxi or ride-sharing services
- Chartered vehicle services
- Land based public transport
- Domestic flights
Please refer to the NZ Government COVID site for further information on transport options: www.covid19.govt.nz
You must travel via the most direct route and you must comply with NZ Government COVID-19 physical distancing requirements throughout the journey to the airport.
Before departing your isolation location, you are to confirm the following:
- If taking a domestic flight to connect with your international flight, that flight must be scheduled to depart no earlier than 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure time of the international flight.
- You have a confirmed airline ticket for an outbound international flight.
- You have not been diagnosed with COVID-19, or if you have recovered from COVID-19, have medical clearance to travel.
- You do not have symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
- You have not been tested for COVID-19 and awaiting test results.
- You are not a close contact of a suspected/probable/confirmed case of COVID-19.
- You have not travelled internationally within the last 14 days.
If you cannot confirm these details you are not to travel to the airport for the flight and you should contact your embassy for further details.
On arriving at Auckland or Christchurch International Airport your ticket will be checked and you may be asked to complete a heath check. If you fail this health check, or refuse to complete it, you may not be permitted to travel and will be placed in quarantine for 14 days.
Following the ticket and health check you are to make your way to the check-in counter.
If you have any questions on COVID-19 please visit www.covid19.govt.nz