Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany in Wellington is looking for a Driver and Facility Assistant (full time)
Your core duty during the day is to drive the Ambassador and other Embassy staff to meetings, events and work related appointments.
In addition you have to replace the facility manager when absent and do maintenance work and minor repairs on our properties. Furthermore you have to provide driving assistance for official visitors of the Embassy when needed.
You will also be required to complete other duties which include:
- maintain the Embassy’s fleet including servicing, car grooming, fuel management and mileage sheets
- delivery of official diplomatic mail to various recipients and ministries
- collection of official diplomatic mail and handling of customs related procedures
- provide assistant to the executive team when required
- cover the receptionist during breaks or absence
To apply for this position, you must:
- accept flexible work hours and overtime (evenings, weekends and public Holidays)
- have a current clean New Zealand driver’s license (incl. P-endorsement)
- have proven driving experience
- have excellent knowledge of the NZ road code and greater Wellington region
- have very good English language skills
- have technical and mechanical knowledge
- be friendly and approachable at all times
- have high standards of security and confidentiality
- have computer skills and experience with MS Office
- flexible team player willing to assist colleagues
- demonstrate initiative and self-direction while managing stressful situations and deadlines
German language skills would be an advantage, but are not a pre-condition
Working time is 40 hours/week, the monthly salary will be 3,815 NZ$ plus Kiwi Saver.
The contractual conditions are based on the standard employment agreement and remuneration scale of the German Embassy in Wellington.
Applicants are required to have New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency.
Your application should include relevant documentation:
- CV (in English)
- school certificate or equivalent
- copy of driver’s licence (incl. P-endorsement)
- references from previous employers
- proof of permanent residency (if not a New Zealand citizen)
- current police clearance
Applications close 03 December 2021
Work commences on 4 January 2022
Please forward your application to the embassy’s mail address:
Attn.: Jürgen Settje, Head of Administration