Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
Assistant Press and Communications Officer
The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany in Wellington has a vacancy for an
Assistant Press and Communications Officer.
PR experts and content creators take note! We are hiring a Press & Public Affairs Officer to join our team. Do you want to work in international relations? Are you fluent in German and English? We are looking for a friendly, reliable and motivated person, who would be interested to join the embassy’s team and who is interested in working in a bicultural environment.
The duties in this position are:
- Managing and creating content for all social media platforms – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
- Assisting in the planning and organisation of Embassy events
- Assisting in and accompanying political visits and delegations from Germany
- Organising visits to Germany under the German government’s visitor programme
- Assisting the Press Officer by acting as first point of contact for New Zealand and Pacific media
- Editing the Embassy’s website
- Editing and drafting of press releases
- Answering general public inquiries
- Managing and distributing public relation material
- Assisting in the scholarship program and alumni
- Acting as contact person for alumni matters
- Experience in managing websites and social media platforms, experience with content management systems (additional in-house training will be provided);
- Preferably experience in event management
- Fluent in German and English, level C1
- Basic knowledge of graphic design and photo and video editing
- Understanding of and interest in current political affairs and foreign policy
- Outgoing, proactive attitude and the ability to work as part of a team
- Strong organisational and time management skills, including the ability to prioritise
- Flexible and resilient under pressure and with tight deadlines
- University degree preferably in political sciences or similar disciplines is a plus
Full time position with 40 hours/week. The starting gross monthly salary will be NZ$ 6.090 per month (13 salaries/year) plus Kiwi Saver up to 4%.
Applicants are required to have New Zealand citizenship or residency
Your application should include:
- CV and motivation/covering letter in English and German
- school and other educational certificates
- references from previous employers
- proof of resident visa (if not a New Zealand citizen)
- current police clearance
Applications close 12 June 2023
Regular work commences on 03 July 2023
Please forward your application to the embassy’s mail address:
Attn.: Jürgen Settje, Head of Administration
The overall size of the email should not exceed 5 MB.
It is planned to hold the interviews for selected applicants on 15/16 June 2023.
Information on data protection can be found here.