To start work in May 2021 (exact date to be confirmed). This is a fixed-term contract for 20 hours per week for one year with the option of extending it at the end of the term. The salary for this position is $2000 per month.
The job involves the following duties:
- cleaning and maintaining official quarters of the Ambassador’s residence, including cleaning of dinnerware, silverware, kitchenware and laundry, ironing residence linen
- maintaining a schedule of dusting, polishing, floor care, window cleaning, taking care of houseplants and general household tidiness
- cleaning and maintaining the residence’s external facilities including garden/terrace furniture, garage, storeroom, laundry
- helping in planning, organising for residence events, greeting guests and attending to their requests, helping of the residence kitchen and serving during events.
The above list is not exhaustive and the jobholder will be required to be flexible and take on other ad hoc tasks as required.
- have previous housekeeping experience as well as experience in planning and hosting events
- have written and oral English
- have cooking experience
- be flexible and positive approach to work
- be a dynamic team player, show initiative, be flexible and have good interpersonal skills
- display integrity, honesty and discretion.
With your application you should submit the following documentation:
- CV in English with a photo
- Recent professional letter of recommendation
- Copies of passport, including valid work permit for New Zealand (if not a New Zealand citizen).
Applications should be forwarded to the Embassy by mail or email no later than 30th of April 2021.
Mail address: Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany
Attn. Administrative Department
P.O. Box 1687
Please expect to be available for a brief meeting.
Should the application be successful, applicants must provide police clearance.
Please contact Mr. Jürgen Settje in case of questions on 04 4736 063.