The German Embassy has a vacancy for a driver / facility manager.
We are looking for a friendly, reliable, motivated and competent person, who would be interested to join the embassy’s team and who is interested in working in a bicultural environment.
Your main duty during the day is to drive the Ambassador and other Embassy staff to meetings, events and work related appointments.
In addition, your duties include filling in for the facility manager when absent and doing maintenance work and minor repairs on our properties, as well as providing driving assistance for official visitors of the Embassy when needed.
You will also be required to complete other duties which include:
- maintain the Embassy’s fleet including servicing, car grooming, fuel management and mileage sheets
- delivery of official diplomatic mail to various recipients and ministries
- collection of official diplomatic mail and handling of customs related procedures
- provide assistant to the executive team when required
- cover the receptionist during breaks or Absence
To apply for this position, you should:
- accept flexible work hours and overtime (evenings, weekends and public holidays)
- have a current clean New Zealand driver’s license (incl. P-endorsement)
- have proven driving experience
- have excellent knowledge of the NZ road code and greater Wellington region
- have good English language skills
- have technical and mechanical knowledge
- be friendly and approachable at all times
- have high standards of security and confidentiality
- have computer skills and experience with MS Office
- flexible team player willing to assist colleagues
- demonstrate initiative and self-direction while managing stressful situations and deadlines
Working time is 40 hours/week, the monthly salary will be 3,815 NZ$ (13 salaries/year plus Kiwi Saver).
The contractual conditions are based on the standard employment agreement and remuneration scale of the German Embassy in Wellington.
Applicants are required to have New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency.
Your application should include relevant documentation:
- CV (in English)
- school certificate or equivalent
- copy of driver’s licence (incl. P-endorsement)
- references from previous employers
- proof of permanent residency (if not a New Zealand citizen)
- current police clearance
Applications close 20 August 2022
Work commences on 01 September 2022
Please forward your application to the embassy’s mail address:
Attn.: Jürgen Settje, Head of Administration