FÜR AUSFÜHRLICHE INFORMATIONEN (auf deutsch) ZUR PASSBEANTRAGUNG INKLUSIVE ALLEN MERKBLÄTTERN & FORMULAREN KLICKEN SIE BITTE HIER
Please note the following important requirements under Alert Level 2:
The passport section of the Embassy will be reopened to the public on 18 May 2020 with some restrictions.
- You will need an appointment to apply for a German passport/ID-card. Appointments have to be booked online, using our online booking appointment system. Book your Appointment
- In order to practice social distancing, please note that we only grant access to the Embassy at the time of your appointment. Please be on time for your appointment. Admission is only possible when the waiting room is empty.
- Please wait in front of the entrance gate of the embassy on the markings there until you are invited in by the security guard. The security guard will carry out the usual security checks and will measure your temperature.
- Due to the limited space in the waiting area, only the respective applicant is admitted, as well as any necessary accompanying persons (e.g. parents with child, spouse)
- Please disinfect your hands with the disinfectant provided before entering the visitor's room.
- Please note that due to security concerns larger bags (larger than a standard handbag or briefcase or a day pack) cannot be brought onto the embassy premises. Please make arrangements to leave larger bags in safe storage elsewhere.
- If you notice any symptoms that could indicate a Covid-19 infection, please do not visit the embassy.
- It is currently not possible to collect passports from the embassy. Passports can only be sent by courier mail.
Other consular matters
Such as applications for retention of citizenship, certifications, life certificates, pension matters, can only be attended to after prior arrangement by email
Please note that if Alert Level 3 or 4 is proclaimed again in New Zealand, the Embassy will have to close for public access and your appointment will be automatically cancelled.