IT-specialist with job experience

27.12.2021 - Article

As an IT-specialist with job experience (a minimum of 3 years within the last 7 years) you can apply for a residence permit for employment in the IT-sector even if you do not have a university degree or diploma.

The requirements are that your gross  anual salary must be a minimum of Euro 52560 and generally you must prove German language skills of the Level B1.

Where and How to apply?

Visa applications can only be lodged in person by prior appointment with the German Embassy in Wellington. Honorary Consuls do not handle any visa applications.

Appointments have to be booked via our online appointment booking system

New Zealand citizens can travel visa free to Germany and can apply for the necessary permit  after arrival at the local immigration office.

What do I need to fill out and provide?

Please have your complete application ready for your appointment and do not include staples, post it notes,   paperclips and folders of any kind. The photograph(s) is/ are not allowed to be stapled, glued or blue tacked to the form.

  1. Please print out your completed visa application form twice
  2. Required documentation according to the checklist  Please note that you need two copies of all required documentation for your application
  3. Please include the form “Erklärung zum Beschäftigungsverhältnis” which needs to be   completed and   signed by your employer in Germany. You will require the original plus two copies.
  4. Please read the data protection regulation  and print out the data regulation signature sheet
  5. Visa fees

What happens after your application
The Embassy reserves the right to request further documents or information deemed necessary for processing your application at any time and assumes no responsibility for applications submitted too close to your planned departure.
Applying for a visa does not guarantee that a visa will be issued! Once you have obtained your visa please check carefully that all entries are correct and in accordance with your application.
Upon your arrival the border authorities may examine whether the requirements for your entry continue to be valid. Entry may be refused by the border authorities although you are in possession of a valid visa. We advise you carry with you documents giving evidence to the purpose of your stay.

Top of page