As a skilled professional with official recognition of their professional qualifikation from the competent German authorities you can apply for a residence permit for skilled employment. Information about the recognition procedures can be found on www.anerkennung-in-deutschland.de Interested professionals should start these procedures early.
Where and How to apply?
Visa applications can only be lodged in person by prior appointment with the German Embassy in Wellington. Honorary Consuls do not handle any visa applications.
Appointments have to be booked via our online appointment booking system
New Zealand citizens can travel visa free to Germany and can apply for the necessary permit after arrival at the local immigration Office.
What do I need to fill out and provide?
Please have your complete application ready for your appointment and do not include staples, post it notes, paperclips and folders of any kind. The photograph is not allowed to be stapled, glued or blue tacked to the form.
Once you are ready to submit your application, you will require:
- Please print out your completed visa application form
- Please read the date protection regulation and print out the data regulation signature sheet
- Required documentation according to the checklist
- Original completed form “ Erklärung zum Beschäftigungsverhältnis ” by your employer plus one copy
- Recognition of your foreign degree or qualification :
- Self-addressed courier envelope
- Further documents may be required in individual cases
- Evidence of knowledge of German may be required for certain professions (e.g. nursing/caregiver)
- Please ensure that your applications are complete